Book a Dynamic Speaker
Our Talks are inspiring, informative and fun! Many of the insights we share were hard-won
through our own parenting experience. We put parents at ease and send them home with
practical tools and solutions for those day-to-day parenting challenges.
- Is running late the norm in your morning?
- Are you raising your voice more than you'd like?
- Who is running this show anyway? You or your kids?
- Understand the reasons behind your child’s behavior and create more cooperation
- Ensure your children develop the life skills they need to succeed
Some children seem to navigate through life with confidence and resilience, while others are anxious, full of self-doubt.
- Assess the state of your child’s anxiety and stress level, and gain ways to lessen it.
- Easy, everyday tools that will equip your child to withstand peer pressure, cliques, and bullying
- Lay the groundwork for self-confidence and happiness all through life
Praise has now been shown to be counterproductive to children's self-esteem. Given with the best of intentions, praise can actually lead to more challenging behavior and undermine the life goals we have for our children.
- How can I keep my child from becoming a Praise Junkie?
- How to be a more encouraging parent
- Help your child reach his true potential
- Power, power, power. How much is enough for kids? How much is too much?
- What is going to happen as they get older if it is like this already? Whether your child is 2 or 14, you might have these questions
- Learn what power struggles are all about, why they take so much out of us and what we can do about them.
- Get strategies for avoiding power struggles as well as practical tools to use in the middle of one.
Adolescence is often a time of great turmoil. Our teens are exploring a new sense of independence and parents are struggling with letting go.
Learn how to:
- Stop the grounding and fighting
- Improve the relationship and reduc the chance of high-risk behaviors during these years.
- Strengthen the bond and improve communication with your teen.
Drugs, alcohol, sex, and even the internet pose potentially serious risks to our teenagers.
Learn how to:
- Help them navigate this challenging time in their lives
- About curfews, grounding, drinking and parties.
- strategies to help better equip your teenager to withstand peer pressure, cliques, bullying and the tendency to indulge in high risk behaviors.
How to Book a Talk
For more information please call Beverley at 416-480-2499 or Doone at 416-944-0412.
About Our Talks
- They are tailored to suit your audience - whether parents of toddlers or teens
- For a School audience: They can complement a PTA meeting or a new parent night, or be the focus of an event. Fees can be covered by government education grants; or funded through the Parents Association, school budgets, or directly by the parents
- For a Corporation:The "Lunch and Learn" option is popular, as are before and after work programs.
- Presentations are 1-2 hours, including time for Q and A
- Promotional materials and comprehensive handouts are provided
Get Free with Newsletter
“Beverley reminds us that the struggle between parent and child can be resolved without leaving both angry and deflated. As well, her witty and warm approach made for a fun class!” Catherine McHughread more testimonials